Pang Pang Hair Shadow by Mamonde

For my first post, I'm reviewing an interesting makeup item made by Mamonde, one of the many labels under the South Korean beauty and cosmetics conglomerate AmorePacific. 

Am I the only one with ponytail problems?

I hate wearing my hair in a ponytail. My hairline is kind of asymmetric and I've always felt self-conscious about it. Besides, I think my hair doesn't grow in an even pattern. Most of it seems to concentrate on top of my head, leaving the sides with a thinner coverage. It's not like I have any sort of pattern baldness, though. I'm probably just over-thinking it, but my blindingly pale scalp always seems to find a way to peek through whenever I try to pull my hair back! 

So, when I saw Mamonde's Pang Pang Hair Shadow on sale at an eBay store, I immediately knew I had to try it out. The product is basically a powder that is supposed to help you even out your hair line - or as the packaging puts it, turn an "M-line" into a "U-line". They make it in three colors, one meant for blondes, one for brunettes and one for black hair. The color I picked up is called 02 Light Brown.


The Pang Pang Hair Shadow comes in a little cube-like box made out of a common card stock material. It does have a pretty holographic flower pattern, and a little rose gold detail, though. I kind of want to keep the cardboard thingy just for the pattern. 


The product itself in a hard plastic container with a lid that snaps shut. The top has a looped ribbon handle (which I'm not entirely sure is necessary) and the inside of the lid has a small mirror. You can pop the bottom of the container out to reveal a little powder puff that is meant be used to apply the shadow. It's not the most ergonomic applicator to hold, but it gets the job done and blends out the product well. All in all, it's a light, but sturdy little pot that can probably handle a few knocks.



Even though the shade is called Light Brown, I'd say it's more of a medium brown with a neutral undertone. It almost has a kind of a khaki-type shade to it. I don't think it's the most attractive color on it's own, but it goes well with my hair. My hair is naturally... idk, we call it "the color of a dirt road" in Finnish. Kind of a mousy medium brown.

Swatches: blended out with the applicator and swiped with a finger. I'm a Mac NC15-20, for reference.

The shadow is fairly sheer, but it has some build-ability and it's pretty easy to blend out. I feel like I do need to watch out so that I don't over-apply it, because it grips onto finer hairs. The shadow looks natural when it's blended out, but if I dab it on too opaquely it can look kind of weird. It stays on my hairline pretty well through out the day, though it does fade a bit toward the evening. So far I've worn it a couple of times a week when I put my hair in a ponytail, and it hasn't broken me out.

I know that 3CE makes a similar item that comes with a higher price tag. Realistically speaking, I'm not sure if it's necessary to have a dedicated product for fixing your hairline, at least if you don't have any issues with hair loss. You could probably just use any eye shadow in a similar shade to your own hair color... or at least that was what I was thinking while I placed the item in my shopping cart. I do think it's really useful for hiding the grey cast from going overboard with dry shampoo. And it is nice to not have to lay every strand of hair just so, because you can just color in the gaps. I guess the biggest benefit is that it's comforting to know that there are other people who have similar hang-ups about their foreheads, haha.

The skinny


  • 02 Light Brown is a medium brown shade with a neutral undertone 
  • Well packaged and easy to apply
  • Hasn't broken my out and comes off with shampoo
  • Good for people like me who are self-conscious about having an irregular shape to their hairline or want to shave off a few millimeters from their forehead (also me lol)
  • A fun product to play with, but probably not essential to own



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cosmetics sample inferno

I think the above is a familiar image to anyone who's a big fan of buying Korean cosmetics online (or shopping at Sephora's webs...