May empties!


I've always liked empties posts and videos. It's interesting for me to see what kind of products people use up and how they feel about them after going through a full container. So here I am, documenting all the stuff I slathered on my face/body last month.


I only used up two makeup products in May:
Skinfood's Royal Honey Cover Bounce Cushion in the color No.1 Light Beige is the first cushion base I've ever used. I know I'm really late to the party, but I was always a bit skeptical of the concept. The formula had an interesting texture. It was kind of sticky when I first started using it, but it seemed to become less so as the cushion got saturated. I really liked the shade, coverage and the dewy finish. You can really get an even application with the dispensing system. But to be honest, I'm still not really sold on cushions. Towards the end, I just started to find the whole thing kind of gross. I don't really like how you have to keep dipping into the cushion inside the compact. It just seems like a breeding ground for all kinds of germs. I probably won't write cushion products off completely, but I can't see myself trying another one any time soon. I also won't be repurchasing this guy. 

Next up is Missha's Perfect Eyebrow Styler in Light Brown. I'm a bit miffed to include this item in this post, because it ended up here prematurely. The actual color stick had detached from the base of the pen-casing, but I was set on finishing it up because there was only a little bit left. I guess the last time I tried to use it I had my hand tilted at a bad angle, because the thing flew out of the packaging and shattered when I opened it. I really liked this brow pencil, but since the packaging seems kind of unreliable, I won't repurchase it. 


The Saem Eco Earth Power Perfection Waterprood Sun Block was my go-to sun screen during the winter, but it started to feel a bit too dewy even for me once the weather warmed up a bit. It had a light beige tint, but it could still leave a white cast if I went a bit over board with the application. It's probably not my all-time favorite sun cream, but I'm going to keep it in mind when I'm on the market for a new one.

COSRX's Acne Pimple Master Patches are a staple for a lot of K-beauty lovers, myself included! They don't really make blemishes go away over night, but I do think they shorten their lifespan. Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking. In any case, I always stock up again when I run out. Though last time I got A'pieu's hydrocolloid patches instead, because I'm curious to see how they measure up - or if there's a discernible difference at all.

ACO's Lip Cerat lip balm is my favorite! It really saved my lips when I had to take isotretinoin to treat a bad cystic acne flare up a few years ago. I've since been lucky enough to have mostly clear skin but I've stuck with the lip balm. All the other ones just pale in comparison for me. 

I love, love, looove Mizon's Multi Function Formula Snail Wrinkle Care Sleeping Pack! I have a dedicated review of it here.

Innisfree's Jeju Sparkling Mineral Mist was a nice enough thermal water mist. I would spray it on if I applied too much power to make my make up look more natural, I'd spray it on kaolin clay to make my white clay mask, and it really came in handy during work outs when I needed something quick and fresh to cool my skin down a bit. I don't think it's the be-all end-all of facial mists, though, so I'm getting something else next time.

I've been using Lumene's Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover forever. It's like the nuclear option of eye makeup removers: I've yet to own a product it doesn't melt off. It removes all traces of eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and eyelash glue, Hell, it'll even remove the mineral stains from your bathroom floor! Don't ask how I found out. I've heard some people say it irritates their skin, but I must have built up a resistance over the years, haha.


The Erioil moisturizing emulsion is another another old faithful product I've been using for years, ever since I was a child. It's a very simple, no-nonsense body lotion without fragrance, bells or whistles. I always end up coming back to it in the end, even if I sometimes try something else.

I've been really into Batiste's dry shampoo in Bare ever since it launched. I love Batiste's dry shampoos! I used to use the Heavenly Volume and Beautiful and Brunette ones, but to be honest, I was never a fan of the fragrance. They'd just end up smelling kind of stuffy to me. Bare on the other hand has a more light and neutral scent, so it doesn't bother me. I'll probably stick to getting this one, because all the other brands I've tried so far have been really disappointing.

That's it for May! Do you have any skin care or make up staples that you keep coming back to again and again? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cosmetics sample inferno

I think the above is a familiar image to anyone who's a big fan of buying Korean cosmetics online (or shopping at Sephora's webs...